I represent employees in all facets of employment law, including matters involving discrimination, harassment, retaliation, whistle blowing, wrongful discharge, family medical leave, fraud, unpaid wages, and unemployment benefits. In addition, I provide advice and counseling to employees regarding employment-related contracts (offer packages, severance agreements, invention assignments, etc.), leaves of absence, reasonable accommodations, and other ongoing employment issues.
After graduating from the University of California, Berkeley, with honors, I worked in business for almost a decade before graduating magna cum laude from the Northwestern School of Law of Lewis and Clark College in Portland, Oregon.
I have been selected as a Super Lawyers Northern California Rising Star every year since 2015, an honor reserved for the top 2.5% of attorneys in California. I was also named one of the Top Women Lawyers in Northern California 2015-2018.
Currently, I serve on the Executive Committee of the Plaintiffs’ Employment Lawyers Association and volunteer as a supervising attorney for the ELA Institute for Law and Policy. I’m a member of California Employment Lawyers Association (CELA), Consumer Attorneys of California (CAOC), San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association (SFTLA), Bar Association of San Francisco (BASF), and Marin County Bar Association.
When I’m not practicing law, I participate in competitive swimming events and enjoy spending time with my husband and two boys.
- Bar Association of San Francisco Bulletin, “California Supreme Court Clarifies Test of Independent Contractor Classification,” August 2018
- Trial Magazine, “Seeking Accommodations For Pregnant Workers,” June 2016
• CEB: California Business Law Practitioner, “Employing Interns and Volunteers: The Laws You Need to Know,” June 2016
• American Association for Justice: NLD Sidebar, “Young v. UPS: New Life for Pregnancy Discrimination Cases,” June 2015
• Plaintiff Magazine, “Dutra & the Future of Wrongful Termination in Violation of Public Policy Claims,” April 2013 [coauthor]
• Oregon State Bar Publication, Labor & Employment Law: Private Sector, 2011 [coauthored “Equal Employment Opportunity: Enforcement” chapter]
• Oregon State Bar Publication, Interpreting Oregon Law, Fall 2009 [coauthored “Text & Context” chapter]
- Executive Compensation Issues – Offer Packages and Exit Negotiations – August 7, 2018 – Bernstein Private Wealth Management – Private Luncheon
- Female Styles in Negotiation (Panel Moderator) – April 28, 2016 – San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association (SFTLA)
• Employing Interns and Volunteers: The Laws You Need to Know – May 27, 2015 – San Francisco Bar Association
- Plaintiff’s Employment Lawyers Association (PELA), Executive Committee
- San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association (SFTLA)
- California Employment Lawyers Association (CELA)
- Consumer Attorneys of California (CAOC)
- San Francisco Bar Association (SFBA)
- Marin County Bar Association (MCBA)
- Marin Women Lawyers
- State of California
- State of Oregon
- United States District Court for the Northern and Central Districts of California
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals